Turmeric Honey PB&Chocolate Energy Bites
Sometimes the best kitchen creations come from a necessity to use up your ingredients before they reach their end-of-life.
I had leftover organic peanut butter that was going to go to waste if I didn’t use it immediately and a nearly untouched jar of turmeric raw honey from Drizzle Honey that I thought might make a good combination with peanut butter and chocolate. And so I did just that.
Maca powder is a great adaptogen for boosting energy so I added a bit of that, enough to give my bites some substance without tasting it.
Total time: 15-30 minutes
Makes 12-15 bites
- 2/3 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2-3 tbsp raw Drizzle turmeric honey
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp maca powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and set it on high speed until well combined.
- Scrape bottom of food processor if needed.
- When well mixed, roll golf-ball sized portions in your palms.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve immediately, or store in refrigerator up to two weeks.
Note: If the mixture appears dry and does not stick together when rolling each portion, add 1 tablespoon of water or 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Add more as needed.